Subscribe to the Prosperous Coach Podcast
This episode is super short and inspired by the saboteur in all of us who keeps us from greatness.
You remember Superman — the dude who could do anything and seemed unstoppable except when he encountered Kryptonite. That green crystal weakened Superman so he was powerless.
Your coaching business kryptonite is something you avoid. It’s the thing that keeps you from your super power.
You want to coach for a living. You want to help people achieve and transform. And you want to earn well at this so you don’t have to work at someone else’s company on someone else’s goals with their rules.
So what’s your kryptonite in your coaching business? It could be something deeply personal and unique to you.
I’ve said this before … a recurring lesson for me is about personal power. When I stand firm in my personal power and do what’s right for me with integrity everything in my business works better.
There might be something like that for you. It trips you up time and again. I can tell you it’s a great opportunity for you to put your awareness on that thing and evolve.
Your kryptonite could be about making a decision. Here are 2 decisions that, left unmade, will hold you back from starting much less achieving success in your coaching business:
- Choosing a narrow and viable audience of seekers to serve. It’s the first big decision that could make or break your time as a coach. But that’s not to say that there’s only one right decision for you. Sometimes it’s about making the decision not what the decision is that keeps you stuck.
- Building your niche around helping them solve their big problem that’s in the way of their big goal.
Or your kryptonite could be situational. You come to a moment that requires something of you and you’re stopped in your tracks. Here are three things …
- Inviting prospects to work with you. Or maybe not. Some clients will hire you outright. Some people need to be asked. If you don’t ask, they might not decide.
- Charging enough with clients so you can earn well. This is big kryptonite, guys. If it’s not faced, it will keep your business floundering.
- Putting out valuable content every week to stay in front of your audience. This is often what it takes to get noticed in the online world. And if you operate off line then it may be about setting up meetings regularly or networking.
Its usually fear or lack of know-how that keeps you from moving forward with confidence to the next step. I help my clients move past both.
Your kryptonite could be about smaller moments in time:
- Asking for testimonials. I failed to do this for over a decade! And it can make a difference in whether people hire you or not. Don’t wait like I did.
- Following up with prospects. You won’t bother them. You’ll wake them from distractions so they can make a decision.
- Inviting past clients back. It’s worth it. This is easy money and can be lovely to reconnect.
Or it could be big blocks that keep you far from success:
- Chronic procrastination. You can beat this with a little help.
- Getting distracted by bright shiny objects.
- Treating your business like a hobby. It’s time to don the CEO mantle and stop pretending. Be who you long to be.
Every one of these things I listed are the usual suspects. Nearly all coaches at some time have trouble with these things. And I know from being a person who struggled with all of this at one time, that all can be shifted by working on mindset and habits.
Your mindset and habits can be powerful kryptonite or powerful success factors. It’s mind over matter. Don’t let anything stop you from what you ultimately want. And don’t be afraid to get support to help you break free from your kryptonite. Superman had help. You can too.