- What information does Prosperous Coach gather about you?
- How does Prosperous Coach use your personal information?
- How do we use “IP addresses” and “cookies”?
- Will Prosperous Coach disclose any of your personal information?
- What kind of security measures do we take to protect your information from accidental loss or disclosure?
- Will Prosperous Coach use your information for direct mailings?
- How can you deactivate your account or correct or revise information that we have about you?
- How do we respect children’s privacy?
- What else should you know about your privacy?
What Information Does Prosperous Coach Gather About You?
Prosperous Coach collects information about our readers so that we can provide a more interesting and useful service. We ask for your name, email address, and other personal information when you register to use certain features of our Web site, or if you become a member. We also may ask for this information at other times, such as when you enter contests or other promotions sponsored by Prosperous Coach and/or our partners. We sometimes conduct surveys as well, although you do not have to respond to them.
When you place an order for a product or service, we need to know the sort of information typically used for credit card transactions, such as your name, address, telephone number, and credit card number and expiration date. We will use your information to contact you regarding your order if necessary. We encrypt all of this information using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology.
Besides cookies, we may also use tiny electronic images (called “single-pixel GIFs” or “Web beacons”) in the following ways:
- To count and recognize users.
- To conduct research on behalf of some partners on their websites, and for auditing purposes.
- To determine aggregate information about users, including demographic and usage information.
- To determine which email messages were opened and/or acted upon when we send HTML-formatted email messages (messages resembling Web pages that include graphics).
How Does Prosperous Coach Use Your Personal Information?
Prosperous Coach collects personal information to provide you, the user, with the best and most personalized experience possible. In short, by knowing a little about you, Prosperous Coach can deliver more relevant content to you.
We conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior based upon the information you provide us when you register or participate in promotions on our site, or based upon the information on our server log files. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We may also notify you of products, services, or areas of our site that we think may interest you based on the information we’ve received. If you would prefer us not to contact you for these purposes, please email us at moc.hcaoCsuorepsorPnull@ssenippahtneilc and let us know.
In addition to helping us process your order, we use the information we collect from you when you buy a product or service from us so that we can provide you with an enhanced, more personalized shopping experience. We will also send you occasional discount alerts and notices about products and services that we think may interest you. If you would prefer us not to send you those notices, again, simply email us at moc.hcaoCsuorepsorPnull@ssenippahtneilc to let us know.
Sometimes we ask for personal information when providing special features and services. You do not have to give us that information, but without it, you may not be able to take advantage of those products or services. For example, you will not be able to gain access to certain areas of our site unless you subscribe.
How Do We Use “IP Addresses” and “Cookies”?
Your Web browser or email application automatically provides your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) to other computers with which you communicate over the Internet, so that they know where to send you information.
We receive an IP address each time you view one of our Web pages, because the browser automatically reports it to us. We also may store the IP address when you register with Prosperous Coach, post a message, or buy something from us.
We may use IP addresses for various purposes, including:
- Diagnosing service or technology problems.
- Assessing and maintaining system security.
- Displaying the most appropriate content.
- Studying how people use our site and how we can improve it.
Cookies are used on our sites in the following ways:
For more information about cookies, read the unofficial Cookie FAQ from CookieCentral.com.
Will Prosperous Coach Disclose Any of Your Personal Information?
As for individually identifiable information, we disclose it only under the following circumstances:
- We may disclose information to others when we have your consent.
- If you sign up for a special offer from an affiliate, we will provide your individual contact information (for example, name, mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number), so that the affiliate can fulfill the special offer. Once the affiliate receives the information, it will handle the information under its own privacy policies. Obviously, if you do not want a particular affiliate to have your personal information, then you should not sign up for that affiliate’s offer.
- If you buy something from us, we will disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill your order and charge your credit card (if applicable). We may use a fulfillment company to fill and ship your order (excluding products you download directly from our site) and a credit card processing company to verify your card number and process the transaction. For example, if you order a “Prosperous Coach” cap with your credit card, we need to give your address to the fulfillment house (so that it can ship the cap to you) and your credit card information to the processing company (to confirm payment). We may also give your information to a delivery or postal service so that it can get your order to you.
- If you use our recommendation service to email one of our articles to a friend, Prosperous Coach will automatically send this person a one-time email, with the recommended article attached. The email address you give us will appear on the “From” line of the email, thereby disclosing this information to whoever opens and reads the email. Similarly, if you send email from our site, by using “Reply to Author” or “Email this Post,” your address may appear as the return address of that email.
- We may disclose your personal information as required by applicable law, or in response to legal process, to protect the rights or property of Prosperous Coach, or to protect the safety of Prosperous Coach, our users, or others.
- We may sometimes conduct mailings to other people’s lists. To make it easier for us to comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we may share our email list of people who have requested not to receive promotional communications from us with the list providers (or contractors) solely so that we can avoid sending emails to people who have asked not to receive them (or, conversely, so that our list providers can avoid sending emails to people who have requested not to hear from them). We provide these lists only to list providers or contractors that we consider to be reputable, and only under strict nondisclosure/nonuse agreements.
- We may disclose personal information in some other limited circumstances, but we will specifically describe them to you when we collect the information, such as in the rules of a contest or a new service. For example, if we are going to give personal information to a contest’s sponsor, we will disclose it when you sign up for the contest, so that you can decide whether to enter.
- We may employ contractors or other third parties to help with our operations. We may give them access to databases of user information, so that they can perform their services for us, including performing system maintenance, displaying personalized content, performing list analysis or management, or sending mailings for us. These parties are all subject to confidentiality agreements that restrict their use and disclosure of information they obtain through their relationship with Prosperous Coach.
What Kind of Security Measures Do We Take to Protect Your Information From Accidental Loss or Disclosure?
Prosperous Coach is committed to protecting your personal information. We store information you provide us on our secure servers. Further, the information you provide when making a purchase is encrypted with SSL technology.
The members-only area of our site is password-protected. Do not share your password with anyone. Prosperous Coach will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. If you are using a computer to which others have access, such as one in a computer lab, Internet cafe, or public library, always remember to log out and close your browser window when leaving our site.
Will Prosperous Coach Use Your Information for Direct Mailings?
If you register with Prosperous Coach or sign up for or buy any of our products or services, we will send you information about our various products and services, or other products and services that we believe may interest you.
If you do not want to receive such offers, you can email us at moc.hcaoCsuorepsorPnull@ssenippahtneilc, or you may send snail mail to:
Support – Opt-Out
232 Gay Street
Longmont, CO 80501
We’ll remove your name from our lists as soon as we can. Another way is to simply to click the “unsubscribe” link found in our email messages.
Please note: If you purchase products or services from us, or if you register for an account with us, we may contact you to confirm your purchase, subscription, or registration, or to provide you with information about its terms or features. You may wish to keep these transactional or relationship emails, to help you use our products and services.
How Can You Deactivate Your Account or Edit the Information We Have About You?
If you want to correct or change information in your Account Profile, including canceling a subscription or changing your address, please email us at moc.hcaoCsuorepsorPnull@ssenippahtneilc.
How Do We Respect Children’s Privacy?
Our sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. We operate our sites in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under 13.
What Else Should You Know About Your Privacy?
When you post information on the online forum, that information, along with your screen name, is visible to the public. Please remember that whenever you disclose personal information publicly that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online where people can see it, people will know that information and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. If you do not want strangers to have your email address, you should not post your email address on a discussion board.
Also please be aware that when you post messages on the forum, people can respond to your posts through our “Reply to Author” email function. Of course, they still will not know your email address (unless you send email to them).
While we do our best to protect your personal information, Prosperous Coach cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online, especially when using a computer that other people can use also.
Our partners and affiliates may link from our site to areas on their own sites where they sell their own products and services. Additionally, Amazon.com, which has its own privacy and data collection practices, is sometimes referred to on our site. If you follow links from our site to others, you should be aware that you are doing business with those other sites, which have their own privacy and data collection practices. Prosperous Coach has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies (and we may not even know what they are). For more information regarding a site and its privacy policies, check that site.
Last Updated: February 1, 2007