Subscribe to the Prosperous Coach Podcast
I’m going to share something deeply personal in this episode, which is super short. This is part of my Money Master series.
When I launched Prosperous Coach in 2006, I was a new student of prosperity. At that time I called myself a spiritual coach and the basis of my work with other coaches was about the power of prosperity thinking combined with strategic actions.
I created a membership program with 22 weeks of study called The Coaches Power Path.
I stumbled upon a book that made a big impression on me called True Prosperity by Yehuda Berg. The concepts in the book are based on the Kabbalah – the word literally means receive.
His idea is that fear of success is inverted ego.
Fear is not a wall keeping you from what you want but rather fear arises to pinpoint what you need to focus on.
Fast forward many years … now I have a few practices for my business that I believe help me focus on what I want and to detach from outcome. They reduce stress and worry while setting strong intentions.
Am I a master at these practices? No. I’m still a student of prosperity continually working on removing mental blocks about my own success. It’s good work that takes time.
And … this is important … I’m not a believer that it’s wise to sit on a cushion all day and think prosperity into existence.
My idea is that I EARN fulfillment
through both strategic actions and beliefs.
To assist the process I’ve devised a few rituals. Carl Jung said something like … rituals are how the conscious mind communicates with the unconscious mind.
So at the risk of you thinking I’m a kook, I’ll now share 4 things I do ritualistically:
1. When I receive a notification that someone has subscribed to my podcast, I greet the person in my mind and send wishes that they:
- get great value from listening to my podcast
- are inspired to share my podcast with other coaches
- rate and review my podcast positively, and
- invest in my services IF we are an ideal fit.
I end by saying “For the highest good of all and the free will of all.”
2. When someone applies to work with me I pause to acknowledge their courage for reaching out. I read what they’ve shared and respond quickly and personally. I send energy with my response that they only enroll if we are an ideal fit. I’ve created a thoughtful list of what makes a client ideal for me.
3. When money arrives – whether in my bank account, a notice of fee payment in PayPal or an actual check – I pause and feel gratitude. I receive it.
4. When I pay bills – even if it’s a notice of an automatic payment – I feel grateful for the privilege of that service.
There are some days when I don’t feel like taking the time for these rituals. But I do them anyway. Because consistency is the power behind the practice. I’ve noticed a stark difference between the periods of time when I’ve let the practices slip or done them habitually. There’s an overall decrease of stress and financial worry and a dramatic increase of ideal client and income flow.
Now, what practice or set of rituals could you put in place that will help you manifest your coaching business success?
In the Next Episode: 7 Tips to Keep Coaching Clients Happy and Coming Back