Subscribe to the Prosperous Coach Podcast
I’m going to share something deeply personal in this episode, which is super short. This is part of my Money Master series.
When I launched Prosperous Coach in 2006, I was a new student of prosperity. At that time I called myself a spiritual coach and the basis of my work with other coaches was about the power of prosperity thinking combined with strategic actions.
I created a membership program with 22 weeks of study called The Coaches Power Path.
I stumbled upon a book that made a big impression on me called True Prosperity by Yehuda Berg. The concepts in the book are based on the Kabbalah – the word literally means receive.
His idea is that fear of success is inverted ego.
Fear is not a wall keeping you from what you want but rather fear arises to pinpoint what you need to focus on.
Fast forward many years … now I have a few practices for my business that I believe help me focus on what I want and to detach from outcome. They reduce stress and worry while setting strong intentions.
Am I a master at these practices? No. I’m still a student of prosperity continually working on removing mental blocks about my own success. It’s good work that takes time.
And … this is important … I’m not a believer that it’s wise to sit on a cushion all day and think prosperity into existence.
My idea is that I EARN fulfillment
through both strategic actions and beliefs.
To assist the process I’ve devised a few rituals. Carl Jung said something like … rituals are how the conscious mind communicates with the unconscious mind.
So at the risk of you thinking I’m a kook, I’ll now share 4 things I do ritualistically:
1. When I receive a notification that someone has subscribed to my podcast, I greet the person in my mind and send wishes that they:
- get great value from listening to my podcast
- are inspired to share my podcast with other coaches
- rate and review my podcast positively, and
- invest in my services IF we are an ideal fit.
I end by saying “For the highest good of all and the free will of all.”
2. When someone applies to work with me I pause to acknowledge their courage for reaching out. I read what they’ve shared and respond quickly and personally. I send energy with my response that they only enroll if we are an ideal fit. I’ve created a thoughtful list of what makes a client ideal for me.
3. When money arrives – whether in my bank account, a notice of fee payment in PayPal or an actual check – I pause and feel gratitude. I receive it.
4. When I pay bills – even if it’s a notice of an automatic payment – I feel grateful for the privilege of that service.
There are some days when I don’t feel like taking the time for these rituals. But I do them anyway. Because consistency is the power behind the practice. I’ve noticed a stark difference between the periods of time when I’ve let the practices slip or done them habitually. There’s an overall decrease of stress and financial worry and a dramatic increase of ideal client and income flow.
Now, what practice or set of rituals could you put in place that will help you manifest your coaching business success?