Why do some coaches fill their practice with ideal clients in just a few months, while others may take years or never achieve a full coaching practice? I’ve been studying this a long time. The answer to this mystery isn’t what you might think…
- It’s certainly not that they are more skillful coaches.
- It’s not that they have a slicker coaching website. It’s not even that they have more experience in marketing.
- And it’s not the coaching market they’ve chosen to focus on (although that often is a linchpin to success).
The number one factor is how they value themselves.
Start with a Powerful Inner Game
We are all intrinsically valuable from the moment we come into this world. We are enough, just as we are. And that value does not diminish with time but grows as we learn to express our true essence.
Sure, smart strategies, new coaching skills and savvy marketing can help. But it’s buffing up the inner game that makes an ordinary person into a winner. To translate that into your coaching business success:
- Know that you are valuable (pricelessly so!) just as you are.
- Show that you value your time and your coaching services, in every way you do business, from the way you think, to the way you speak, to the fees and standards you set.
- Play a bigger game. Get the word out to coaching prospects about the highly valuable services you offer. Be willing to take risks and get out of your comfort zone every day. That’s how your world expands — and what follows is more income, better opportunities, star coaching clients!
This is about building true prosperity from the inside out. With that powerful light shining from you, your ideal coaching clients arrive, your business thrives and other areas of your life get a boost too.
And here’s the thing — a new coach can do this just as well as an experienced one.
Imagine This Life. . .
- You wake up and choose where to put your attention and energy, moving slowly and deliberately.
- Your focus is on being at the cause of your life rather than the effect.
- You notice the every day riches that come to you just by being alive.
- Challenges don’t grip you like they used to. You’ve learned how to get your ego out of the way and surrender to the grace.
- You know that fears and doubts don’t define your value or your future.
- You bless the income you receive. You earned it, so it’s sacred.
- You pay your bills with equal joy, acknowledging how privileged you are.
- You are full of wonder at people, nature, even the state of the world, because you sense a greater current of strength and love.
- You’ve stopped dreaming about life. You now create the life you want, one step at a time, without attachment to outcome.
I don’t know about you, but writing this I feel more peaceful. This is the inner game I play and pass forward to my coaching clients.